Saturday, October 17, 2009

Too long

Time goes by so fast. I didn't think it had been that long since I blogged. And since this is the best I can do at journaling, I really wish I wrote more often.
A few of our family highs and lows:
Chey got contacts. After getting a really bad swollen black eye in her first week of basketball, we decided it was time. She is loving the freedom from glasses. And it is wonderful to see her beautiful blue eyes and amazing eyelashes again. She has had 10 basketball games. Their finally record was 5-5. Not to bad, but definitely could have been better. They placed 2nd in the League tournament. Chey started every game and played almost all of each game. We are very proud of how good she did. She improved so much and really loved every minute of it

The last weekend in September is the Candy Dance Craft Show in Genoa. Mom, Virginia and her grand daughter Kaeli came out for Candy Dance. Chey was so excited. She and Kaeli have been good friends for several years. Thomas kept the rest of the kids and drove them to California for the weekend. We followed them back to Cali. Saturday night. My sister Breanne blessed their new baby McKinli that weekend. It was great to see lots of family and friends.
The next week Chey had her National Junior Honor Society Induction. My parents we able to come out for the evening for her game and NJHS. She is involved in everything and loves it!
The next weekend I left all by myself to go to my alma mater's Homecoming. It is always fun going back to Nevada Union. The football is always great and I always see many old friends. A cheer leading coach was coming back to coach again and they wanted as many alumni cheerleaders to come and present her with a welcome back surprise award. She was never my coach, but we knew each other a year before I graduated. It was a quiet weekend without my kids. They had lots of fun with dad!
I came back to jump right into lots of school stuff. I am the Booster president for the Elementary school. I love being as involved as possible at the school. We started a fundraiser and got a few other things up and running. It was a very busy week. I love going to the school and seeing how happy my little kids are. The love their teachers and their friends. They are polite and well loved by many. I am so proud of the example they set for others, adults and children. They are truly a light upon a hill!
The younger kids have been great to be drug all over the county. Between school stuff, basketball, and church responsibilities, we've been in the car A LOT!
Thomas has been steadily working. Mostly for himself, but has been called in by a few companies he has worked for in the past. We are still anxious to find permanent work, but we cannot complain and being "unemployed". He has been really busy juggling everyone that wants him. We continue to have faith and continue to pay our tithes and offerings, knowing that these things are providing continued blessings on our family.

We had a tremendous lose to our family this week. We sweet labs Duke and Jett we killed. The kids had been outside playing with them. When the kids came in, they left the outside gate open. This isn't usually a very big deal. The dogs have been known to run off for a few hours, always coming back tired and hungry! This time they were gone for a very long time. I finally went to bed, but left the outside lights on and the gate open, fully expecting them to be back in the morning. I was awakened by call from a Sheriff's deputy. He had found Jett and Duke on the side of the highway over 2 miles from home. Thomas went and picked them up. He brought them home so we could say goodbye and we buried them in our orchard. We have no idea why they had wandered so far. They've never gone so far. We are all so extremely sad. Duke has been a part of our family for over 7 years and Jett for 4. I depended on them for security and love. The kids are so sad and upset. They understand that we don't know God's plans, and everyone has a time to go, even dogs, but we are really missing them at home. The backyard is big and empty and still. I catch myself listening for their running up to the back door, or barking as cars go up the side road. I watch for them to run to the gate when we drive up the drive way. Their absence has left a very empty spot in our hearts. We will definitely get another dog. I can't imagine our life without dogs in it. They will never be replaced, their memory will be with us for ever. Chey would like to search the pounds to save other dogs from dying, so we will see what happens. I'm not ready to love another dog yet. Soon, but not yet.

So that all happened yesterday, and today Chey had her League basketball tournament. They won their first game and played a hour later for the championship. They lost, but fought hard. They were so tired by the end of game 2. We are so proud of their growth and effort. Their school won the League Sportsmanship award. That was a great compliment to our girls. After the girls and I spent some time shopping. It was good afternoon. Everyone is so tired mentally and physically, we needed a distraction. We are praying our hearts are healed more everyday.

Our Nait is a great source of love. He senses the sadness and is eager and quick to give long tight loves. He may not understand the lose, but he is more free to give loves the last few days. He is getting so big and loosing his baby looks. He is turning into a little boy. He is funny and silly. His sense of humor is wonderful. Such a tease! He is still struggling with the kids being gone all day and some days he is very clingy, but we have a good time by ourselves. He love spending time at the school, especially during the lunch hours. He wants so badly to be a big kid. He turns and waves goodbye to me and takes off after the big kids. I think most of the kids in the school know him so everyone is friendly to him, which just encourages him more. He is just so much fun!

The other little kids are doing great. Broc is loving 1st grade and everything that comes with it.
Kallie and Kassie are adjusting to the demand of 5th grade. They are getting it, but it took a while for them to get up to speed. They are smart, but it seems to take them a few months every school year to catch on to a new teachers routine. So they are getting more comfortable each week. They have both recently finished the entire Harry Potter series. They read all 7 books in less than 3 months. I love that they share my love of reading. They have spent many hours at Chey's games this fall immersed in a book. No awareness of what was going on around them, despite the noise and my cheering. They are wonderful!

So sorry this was so long and sad. This was a good sob session for me. I promise the next post will have much happier content... and pictures!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'