So I'm going to get caught up. I promise. I think I am going to start working from the farthest past events and move to the current. So here goes.
Last month we had lots of fun events.
Chey had her award night for basketball. I am sad that it is all over. It was so much fun watching her play. So now we have a short break between sports. Comstock (city league) basketball starts in January and it looks like everyone except Nait will be playing this year.
Chey is loving Young Women's. She has been able to bring quite a few friends lately. They all are really loving it. One of her friends has come to church a few times and she and several others are excited about maybe going to Girls Camp next summer. I am so proud of her and her efforts to do missionary work. She is a great example to her friends!
Our ward Trunk or Treat party was revamped this year and we stepped it up a notch or two. We added a carnival, pumpkin carving contest and cupcake contest to the already wonderful chili/soup dinner and trunk or treat. All the ward auxiliaries ran a carnival activity. It went so smoothly. Everyone had so much fun and the kids thought it was great! We had lots of friends and neighbors come which made it even better.
Chey with her friends Alyssa and Melody
Chey painting Nait's face at the YW face painting booth.
Broc
Nait, helping Thomas get lights in all the pumpkins
Kallie and Kassie enjoying dinner!
The day after the ward party, we went to Lattin Farms for the afternoon. This has become a wonderful family fall tradition. This year Kristi and the kids were with us too! We spent a few hours in the corn mize, where, thankfully, they installed text for clue sites this year. It was kinda fun to text and see where it sent us. We were able to find all the questions and answers so we could get a free cookie. We had to cheat a few times by one of the girls standing on Thomas' shoulders and looking for tall red posts which is where all the answers from the pamphlet were.
After the maze and the cookies we went out to the pumpkin patch. We spent quite a long time finding just the right one. Everyone was looking for something different. Nait had a great time showing everyone all the gourds and weird things he was finding.
Then the kids all took a ride of the cow train. Nait hated it. He was sitting in Chey's lap and screamed every time it came close to Thomas and I. Then before we left the kids always have to climb the trees. I know it is because we have to climbable trees, so it is kinda sad that they have to get their yearly tree climbing fix in Fallon! We had a great afternoon and everyone came home happy with their pumpkin selection!
Kassie and Kallie needing a phone.
The kids needed a rest after finally finding the end of the maze.
No comments:
Post a Comment