Thursday, June 24, 2010

June- So far

The first week of June was pure madness.  It was the last week of school.  Thomas had his nose surgery and I had a zillion things at the school that needed done that week for boosters.  Add in the last of the baseball games, soccer games and Chey's softball games.  Thomas was in Vegas several days that week before and after surgery, so it was a little crazy.  Not to mention, the weather really didn't want to warm up.  So many outdoor things planned and we were still bundling up in coats, beanies and gloves, RIDICULOUS!!!
Kallie and Kassie had their 5th grade promotion celebration.  They were so excited.  They had a great 5th grade year.  I can't say enough about their teacher.  Mrs. Peterson is one of my very favorite people.  She and I have become great friends and I wish I could convince her to prolong retirement until the boys are through elementary school. 




The last day of school I received a call from a good friend on Fernely.  She knew we had been on the search for a puppy.  That night Thomas came home with Mo and Yuba.  They are yellow labs.  We got them at 8 weeks old.  They have been so much fun.  We really have missed having a dog around here the last few months.  The older dog we got a few months ago didn't work out.  He wouldn't socialize with other dogs so we took him back to the shelter we got him from.  Mo and Yuba have been great additions to our family.  We are looking forward to them being around for very many years.
Brother and sister - 8 weeks
Mr. Yuba
Yuba and Mo - 10 weeks

Since school has been out things have been pretty low key, thank fully.  I got a really bad cold the day school got out and spent most of the first two weeks of summer in bed.  The kids were great to keep things under control while I slept and took good care of Nait.  Thomas finally decided it was almost warm enough to get the pool ready for the summer.  So that project has kept the kids and Thomas busy for the last week.  It is now clean, full and being taken full advantage of.  Now if the weather would warm up it would be more enjoyable, but the kids don't seem to mind it ice cold!  Speaking of ice cold, we finally got a chance to to to Tahoe this week too.  The last few weeks, despite my being sick, we were planning on going until finding out the high for the day up there was 52 with wind.  So that didn't happen.  But this week was perfect.  Not to hot, water was cold but that didn't stop the kids.  It was wonderful to spend a day on the beach.











No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'