Thursday, June 24, 2010

May

The rest of April and all of May were consumed with sports. Chey was running track, competing in hurdles and the 4X200 relay.  Her meet were on Thursdays.  She also started Softball the end of May so she had a few weeks of both.  Kallie and Kassie were playing soccer, Tues and Thurs. practice and games on Saturday.  Broc was in Farm league baseball, one practice and one game during the week with another game on Saturday.  Nait was, yet again, every one's number 1 fan.  He is so good to go and watch.  Of course he wants to play, but is content with running on the field after the games.  He does love to practice at home and is getting pretty good at catching, throwing and swinging a bat.  He can kick a soccer ball pretty hard too.  I think he even figured out how to keep a basketball dribbling.  Thomas and I were/are playing co-ed softball on Friday nights.  And I was assistant coaching Broc's team.  So needless to say we were at a game or practice almost everyday of the month except Sundays.  But we loved every minute of it and I'm sad that it's over.  Everyone played great seasons, had great coaches and had a really good time.  Our co-ed league goes through the end of September so we get to continue to have fun for a while still. 

Enjoy some pictures of the kids playing sports, and Nait watching.

Kassie in the pink

Kallie as goalie.  She was SO scared!

Kassie

Nait in his style of baseball

Nait enjoying Chey's track meet in Fallon.  BBUURRRRR!
(really grateful for ipod's)

Chey in Fallon

What happens when the ball misses the glove!

Ready to move! He is so handsome!

Padres team huddle

Other things we did in May.  Thomas took the boys fishing.  They had a great time and Nait was more than happy to quickly pick up the Strong boys love of fishing!


We spent Memorial day weekend at my parents in Nevada City.  It was a wonderful relaxed weekend.  We didn't have any plans so we just went with the flow.  We had a hot dog roast Sunday night and family over Monday.  Mom and Dad, Kristi and a friend and Thomas and I went out to dinner Saturday night.  One of the many things I love about Nevada City/Grass Valley.  There are SO very many fabulous yummy restaurants to choose from.  I miss have so many great choices.  We went with Friar Tucks that night.  The best Cedar Plank Salmon.  Although I went with the Rack of Lamb that night.  Making me hungry...

Kassie, Chey and Blake

Kallie playing in the field before Papa mowed

Kassie, Kallie, Nait, Broc, Kennidi and Max in their "nest"

Our favorite men, Austin, Thomas, Blake & Papa

My flower children

Baby Ninlee loved watching the kids run around

Broc and Kennidi

Nait and Kennidi.  She couldn't move it!

Breanne, Ninlee, Max and Kristi

Grandma Naydean in her crown from K&K
 
Nait's "cheese" face

So the other eventful happening of May.  In our 3rd co-ed game, Thomas hit a beautiful line drive down the right baseline all the way to the fence.  He rounded 3rd to score for an in the park home run, when the first basemen took the cutoff throw and threw it home.  Well it didn't really go to the plate but right to Thomas' face.  The ball hit him from the left side and broke his nose really bad.  The good news is he was safe!  X-rays showed the eye and cheeks bones were fine.  After trying to put if back in place in the office our ENT suggested surgery.  So a week and a half later he had a quick surgery to put his nose back where it belonged.  The great news is that his nose is the straightest I have ever seen it.  Cool huh?  So thanks first basemen for giving us a reason to finally getting it straightened out.

Before going into the ER.
     after office adjustment and before surgery.

And finally, the most important event in May.  Thomas and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary.  Unfortunately because of all the games we weren't able to go anywhere.  He did bring me home a wonderful gift for the both of us.  The kayak I had been eyeing.  Here's to another great 15, 30, 45 and 60 years.  Love you babe!

1 comment:

MacLaurins said...

Hey thanks for posting all that. I love seeing new pictures of you all. Only one problem... I cried while reading the whole thing. I miss you guys!

See Who's Been Lookin'