Thursday, November 16, 2006

Now that I finally got Halloween out of the way I will fill in a few other things that have been going on. All 3 girls had great parent teacher conferences. They are doing great and they all scored above average on the fall standardized state testing. After Broc and my trip to Utah he had a preschool field trip. We went to a farm in Dayton and they learned about all sorts of animals and crops. The next day Cheyanne had a piano recital. She was asked to perform first and she did great. She and I played a duet on one of her pieces and it all sounded very good. She has really been practicing hard and loves to be challenged with harder music. On Friday the 10th, there wasn't any school due to Vetern's Day, so the kids and I went to Reno and did some shopping. We also took along their new Christmas clothes and had their pictures taken at JCP. They turned out very nice. While we were there I had them take Broc's 4 year pictures too. They should be back next week so I will get them posted so you can all see. On Saturday the 11th, Thomas and I went to the University of Nevada vs. Utah State FB game. It started out a good game but Utah pretty much gave up in the 2nd half and UNR killed them. The most exciting part of the game was weather guessing. During that 2 hours it rained, hailed, sleeted, snowed, sunshined and wind gusted! It was fun. After the game my mom met us in Reno and we shopped for paint for our living room. Then we went out to dinner and came home. Thanks a ton to Staci for watching our kids for 9 hours!!!
On Sunday we had some friends over in the afternoon for a small birthday party for Broc. Only 4 families, but lots of people. We had a good time and Broc loved having everyone there.
Monday, mom and I got to work. We painted all the walls in the living room, 2 red and 2 a dark tan. The red walls took 3 coats so we ended up finishing that Tuesday afternoon. Thomas got all the missing baseboard and window sills up and the fireplace chimney painted. We officially have 1 completely complete room in our house!!!! That's very exciting to me! On Tuesday Broc had swimming and Chey had piano lessons, so we didn't get as much done as we had hoped at home, so mom ended up staying an extra day. Wednesday we painted the storage room in the basement so we can get the shelves up in there now and start organizing the basement. We also covered our big square coffee table with denim to make a padded ottoman and extra seating. Wednesday night there was a baby shower for a friend at our house. It was great having all our work done just in time for a good party. And tonight, thursday, I have Bunco here. So things have been super busy everyday. Well I will leave you with a few pictures of my newly painted and styled living room. I love it!!!!

1 comment:

Blake and Brea said...

Tami,
The house looks amazing. I really like the color and how you rearranged the furniture. Good job. Looks great.
Breanne

See Who's Been Lookin'