Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!! We hope you were all able to spend a wonderful day with your family.
We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday the girls and I were at the ball park early for the girls pictures. Then we had some time to waste, but not enough time to go home and back so we went for a early lunch before their games.

My parents, both of my granmas, my little sister and her husband and my older sister and her 2 kids all met us at the games. It was so much fun having everyone there to cheer them on. They all played a good game. Luckily I thought ahead of time, for once, and asked Thomas to bring the EZUP. Everyone was so glad he did. Sitting in 80 degree sun for 4 hours would of been miserable. But under the tent it was actually really comfortable. It got a little windy toward the end of the last game, but what else is new!!

After the games we all headed to our house for dinner. It was great to sit around for hours and talk and play. The kids had a great time playing around the yard. We got a spider gym last week and they played on that alot. After everyone was sufficiently wore out David, Laura and their kids and Breanne and Blake went to their house for the night. Everyone else stayed here and we got all the kids showered and ready for church in the morning. Of course Broc was more than happy to give up his room to granma Dixie in exchange for sleeping with mom and dad. Cheyanne slept on the couch upstairs so granma Naydean could have her room. My parents took K&K bed, but K&K still like sleeping in their room on the floor. Kristi and her kids got the basement bed and couch. I think everyone slept well. I know I did!!

Sunday it was so nice having everyone at church with us. The Bishop thought it was really impressive that we had 4 generations on both my mom and dad's side their. I guess it is uncommon, it's just that we get together with 4 generations all the time, so it didn't seem like a big deal to us!!

After church we came back to our house for a big dinner. Everyone contributed and it was a great meal. It was even better when the men did all the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. We exchanged some Mother's Day gifts along with Laura's birthday, Victoria's birthday and Thomas and my anniversary. Then we took some pictures and everyone got going. It was such a fun weekend and I was especially glad to have it at our home, especially since we didn't have to drive 2 1/2 hours home, it was great!!!

Thomas gave me a camcorder for our anniversary. We've wanted one for years and never really made it a priority. We are looking forward to playing with it. I gave Thomas the start to our 72 hour kits. We have been thinking about them alot lately and we decided we really needed to get things prepared. So the kids and I picked out backpacks for everyone, windup flashlights, glowsticks, emergency blankets, ponchos, flint firestarter, water/wind proof matches etc. In the next few weeks we'll put together changes of clothes, high calorie protein bars, water purifiers and other necessaties. That way if there is ever an emergency we have to leave our house quickly we can grab these bags and have everything we need for 2 or 3 days. It is always better to be safe than sorry. There are so many natural diasters you never know when you might be faced with one.

Oh, before I'm done I have to write about the girls SB game Friday night. Our girls two teams played each other for the last time. It was a very exciting back and forth game. Both teams played exceptionally well. It ended in a tie. And because of league time restrictions there was no extra inning tie breaker. Both teams were happy with their performance and Chey's team was really happy to finally step up their level of play against the better team!!

Well we hope everyone has a wonderful week. Enjoy the last few weeks of spring and start planning your fun summer activities, I know we are!!!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'