Friday, April 25, 2008

Ball Season

I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I've posted anything. Things sure have been busy since our trip. I feel like we are in a constant state of wash, play and pack. So let me back up.
Broc had a great opening season parade and pancake breakfast on the 12th. The little kids didn't play any games that day. His first game was the 14th, and it was cancelled due to rain. He finally got to play on the 19th. He was so excited and had a great time. He got a few really good hits and played a great shortstop. T-ball is so fun to watch and cheer on. No outs or strikes, just running and random throwing. He was just happy to play finally.

The girls started games while we were on vacation, so we jumped right in when we got back. They have all improved SO much since last year. I was really shocked at the difference. They have won all their games so far. Chey has had a few really good hits. She is playing shortstop and is super at it. She really took control of being the oldest on the team and is really encouraging to the younger girls. She pitched her first game this week also. She had 5 strikeouts and only 1 run on her in 2 innings. We were all very impressed with her first pitching attempt. She hoped to keep practicing and be able to pitch more regularly. Kallie also got her first hit, she made it to 2nd on an error, so it was considered a double. She is still playing outfield, her choice and is getting better at backing up the infield players. Kassie has yet to get a hit, but she is swinging, which is improvement from last year. It is just a matter of time before she connects. She enjoys the outfield also and is great at cheering on her team.

Thomas and I start co-ed in 2 weeks!!! YAH!! Nait has been a trooper at all the games. It seems to be his tired time and has slept through most of them. I'm really glad he has too, most of them have been very cold and windy. And since a lot of Broc's games are at the same time as the girls, I don't have Thomas' help usually. In addition I have to keep score, get the girls through the lineup and make sure everyone is where they are suppose to be. It's been interesting. Good thing we all love it!!

Last week the girls had their spring concert at school. The grades each had decade themes. K&K were the 50's and Chey was the 80's. So of course we had to dress them up. It was so much fun. And very scary at how easily and cheaply I could buy an 80's outfit. Chey sang "Eye of the Tiger"and "Stand by My". K&K sang "Rock around the Clock" and "Hound Dog". Kallie was chosen to play a solo on the xylophone. She did really well. My mom and sister, Breanne, were able to come over for a few days for the concert and ball games. It was fun to see Kennidi and Nait together. They are about the same size now.

The day after the concert, a Thursday, the girls didn't have school so we took everyone down to the Carson Valley Pool. It was so much fun to play without having to worry about little kids. Broc could swim as well as any others and my mom was there to play with Nait. So Breanne and I were able to play around together. We all had a lot of fun.

The rest of the weekend they were here we watched the girls play Friday night and they went to watch all of David and Laura's kids soccer games on Saturday.

This last week hasn't been quite so busy. The girls and Broc had a game this Wednesday but Broc's was cancelled due to weather. But the girls toughed it out and played through the cold and wind. Nait was the only one warm. A few weeks ago I bought a stroller starter kit at Marshalls for $10. It had a raincover, mesh cover, storage bad and some play rings in it. That rain cover was the best thing I've bought in a long time. We keep him in his carseat and put him on the stroller, cover him with the rain cover and he is as warm and toasty as could be. No wind gets to him and he can still see and hear everyone, it's great!!!

Also this week I was able to enjoy the hour massage my Dad won at the school raffle. It was rough leaving Nait for that long, but it was very relaxing and enjoyable. Definitely something I should do more often.

Well that brings me to now. We are watching David and Laura's 3 youngest while they went to a play in Carson. They took Chey with them too. Kallie took a hard fall today in the driveway and skinned up her knees and palms pretty good. She was tough and never cried, just closed her eyes and let me clean her up.

Nait has been so much fun lately. Very playful and entertaining. He is very observant to things going on around him, and does not like being in a room alone. That goes for the car too. When the kids all get out of the car, he gets a bit upset. He is recognizing more people now and it is fun to see his face light up, especially when daddy gets home. Speaking of Nait, he is ready for bed, so I better go. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'