Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Here comes Winter


Well at least for a few days it was here. The end of last week was quite a shocker. I had heard it was supposed to get cold and maybe snow, but I didn't realize it would actually happen. Poor Chey and Hannah had a xcountry meet Friday afternoon. It was so windy and cold, and by the time they were just finishing the snow started. So sad for the 8th graders running after them. Thankfully I had thought to grab gloves and beanies for the kids for the softball game that night. The girls were sure thankful for them while running their meet. They were supposed to have a meet on Thursday also, but due to wind and cold, the power at the school they were going to went out early in the day and they sent all the kids home and cancelled the meet.
Back to Friday, after they girls finished running, which they did very well!! We got them hot chocolate. The boys stayed with friends, they would have been miserable!! K&K came with us and they stayed in the van with Nait and Brynn. We ran out when they started the race and yelled and cheered, then ran back to the car. When we saw them getting close to the finish we ran back out and cheered them to the finish line. Chey was happy with her run, although we didn't get a time for her. They weren't yelling them out and we didn't remember to ask.

That night at our softball game Chey and Hannah stayed in the car with the babies. It was so cold and we were playing in horizontal blowing snow. It was so cold the ball bounced right out of my glove because my hands were so numb I couldn't close them fast enough. Then when we were batting it was so hard to see the ball, let alone know when to swing, between the snow covering the ball and the snow blowing in your eyes! Miserable!! But we played, we lost, lost bad, but we played.
So the start of this week the weather is back to normal. It is getting colder, but normal colder. Chey ran again yesterday, the make up from last weeks cancellation. She came in 4th place with a time 20.30 minutes. This course was 1.9 miles. She was happy with her time. Tomorrow is the championships. She is really excited for those, and for the awards ceremony following.

Well Harry came home today to be buried. I told the girls he wasn't going to last long, and he didn't, just a few weeks. He provided lots of interest at school. Just in case you haven't heard of Harry, he was the 6 inch Tarantula we found walking through our garage a few weeks ago. They received permission to bring him to school. Now he is back home for his final resting place. So Sad!!

Broc had a bad encounter with the corner of the shower a couple days ago. He admitted to dancing around (AKA shaking his head REALLY fast) int he shower. He lost his balance and smacked his eyebrow bone. It immediately swelled and the next morning was nicely bruised. It has gotten worse all week and now is a pretty greenish yellow color. It told him it always looks the worst right before it gets better. I am pretty sure he learned him lesson. But of course his lesson comes with raised eyebrows my way. His teacher asked how it happened. Another recess duty asked how it happened. Then a sub asked how it happened. Thankfully he got the story straight the whole time, but I am sure they were checking stories with each other. I love his teacher and I know she was just doing her job, but it always makes me nervous when one of the kids has to go to school bruised, because you know someone is going to think the worst.

Nait is now crawling. Actually up on all fours crawling. He can do it, but sometimes prefers not to. Our floor is just so slippery, his knees slip out from under him. But when he is on carpet, he is pretty good. He also finally cut that second top tooth. It took along time. He was looking pretty funny all snaggletoothed. He also has a new favorite chew toy. We found a stuffed monster at Target last week and he has held onto it since then. He loves to chew on it.

Chey and I had eye appointments this week. Chey has to wear her glasses full time now. The only exceptions being running and basketball. Her prescription got a little stronger. Sadly she is following after her mom. Thankfully my eyes stayed pretty much the same. I have developed a slight astigmatism, but it isn't really enough to deal with right now. And the contacts to correct it were very annoying to wear. I tried, but did not like them at all. So I will get new glasses and wear those more that I have been and hope it goes away without further intervention.
On a last note, Congratulation to my brother Jeremy and Becca. They are happily bringing another Klein into the world this spring. We are so excited and happy for them.











1 comment:

Shannon said...

he is so cute this is Kaeleigh

See Who's Been Lookin'