Yep, Me! Lots of girls sign-up for SB the morning of try-outs. Enough to make another team. So they were needing another coach and I happened to walk up right when they were discussing it. Initially I agreed to assist. coach because of everything else I have going on, but after talking to Thomas I took the head job. Thomas reminded me I don't take orders well from others, and I really enjoy being in charge, so it probably will work out best this way! And this way, I can set my own practice schedule to coordinate as close to possible with Chey's team. That right there was worth the job! So tonight was our first practice. I am so glad Thomas was there to help. I do have 2 assist. coaches and they were there also. But I was so overwhelmed talking to parents, finding out who had played and who hadn't, decided where to start, I needed help. Thankfully things went well. Coach Anthony took over finding and teaching a pitcher, a huge relief. And he'll train the catchers too. Coach Lisa and I and Thomas when he's here will work with the rest of them. About half our team had never played before, so we have lots of work to do in just 3 weeks.
I am actually getting more excited about coaching. I wasn't sure I needed the extra work, but I love working with the girls and seeing them so excited about playing. Chey's coach has promised to help me if I need it, but after tonight, I think we are going to manage just fine!
So anyway, wish me luck and I will post the girls schedule as soon as we get them. We love to have a fan club!!
2 comments:
Hey there, Tami. Great Blog. if you send me your email I can add you to the blog. i temporarily went private until i figure out what i'm doing with that crazy thing.
ebchamberlain@gmail.com.
Your kiddos are beautiful. I'm so glad you're doing well.
p.s. tonight is Sophie's first Softball practice, too!
Good job Tami. You are going to have a very busy summer. I am excited to come up this summer and play. Love you
Post a Comment