Monday, March 30, 2009

Just for you Sweet Girl!

We had a really good weekend. Thursday and Friday the girls had 1/2 days for PTC's. So last week I decided to take Chey and a car full of her friends to the pool. She has been such HUGE help the past few months with Thomas out of town a lot. She has straight A's, plays every sport she can squeeze in, volunteers her time at the elementary school and church activities, and still manages to babysit and have a social life. We may butt heads a lot, but she is WONDERFUL! And she has a group of friends that I really like. They are really good girls and they all have good parents and families. So Thomas and decided she needed a special day.
After talking to all the mom's though the week, I picked up 6, 6th grade girls after school on Friday. Yes, it was noisy and chatting and the music was loud, but they were all so sweet and excited to be together, I really enjoyed just listening to their conversations. We picked up another friend in Carson and everyone was VERY excited to see her. Then we headed to the pool.
Chey, Sabrina, Rachel, Kristi, Brittney, Alyssa, Melody
Sabrina, Melody and Kristi waiting for the buckets to tip
They swam for a couple of hours, took a break to eat, then swam again. After a while longer they were ready to get some real food. They cleaned up and we went to Dairy Queen. All the way home they played with the camera and with phones, texting boys and being silly girls. We dropped each off one by one and they were all so thankful for taking them. The moms thought I was crazy, but really, it was WAY easier than taking my 5. These girls could all swim, all walk, all wash themselves and all dress themselves, and no one was in a swim diaper!! I sat up and read a book for 2 1/2 hours. I should be thanking them. We all really had a good time.
Chey thanked me numerous times throughout the day. She said it was one of her best days yet!!
The girls taking a break for some not so nourishing food!
After swimming she went to Fowlers for a movie night and sleep over. The next morning she stayed with them through the girls basketball and softball games. She finally came home about 4pm. She was very tired. But she needed a few days of fun. We really wanted her to realize how much we appreciate her cooperation and help. We love you so much CheyB. Don't ever change!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'