Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another busy week

Yep, surprise surprise, we have another busy week.  I know that is shocking to everyone!  But really, I love it.  I have so much fun watching my kids in all their activities.  They learn so much and gain so many life skills.  Not to mention the pure joy of living through them.  I admit it.  I wish I had been able to play sports when I was a kid.  Being the middle of 6 kids there were lots of little ones to keep mom and dad busy.  Not to mention that I didn't reach 100 lbs until I was a junior in high school.  I only weighed 65 lbs in 8 th grade and was able 4 ft nothing!  So, not to put the blame on my parents, I was really tiny and probably would have gotten hurt. So I make up for it now, playing, coaching and enjoying my tall daughters grow each game!

Chey played in her first ever volleyball match this last Saturday.  It was day long tournament.  They played 4 matches throughout the day.  She was nervous and it showed the first couple of  minutes.  But the whole team got settled down after a while and they won 3 of their 4 matches.  They did really well for their first time.  It was fun to see them settle into a good match and look comfortable out there.  Their last match went to 3 games.  They lost the first so the pressure was on to win the next two.  I was actually surprised they were able to settle down and get the 2 wins.  But most importantly, she had a great time.  She has decided she really wants more training and would love to play VB forever!  So if all goes well, we are going to try to get her to a VB camp this summer.  Maybe BYU, or UNR, we'll see.  She was wanting to go to BB, VB and SB.  Yah, I laughed at her too!  One at a time, dear!



Kallie and Kassie played last night.  They are getting better every game.  We were so proud of Kassie.  She jammed her middle finger pretty good the beginning of the game.  It started swelling pretty quick, but she never even cried.  She didn't want to go out and she just kept playing.  I knew it hurt because she'd come running down the court holding her finger tight with her other hand.  But as soon as she got to the other end, she was all business.  Such a tough girl.  Then the other team had this monstrous boy on their team that my girls had to guard, because they are the tallest.  He was almost 6 ft.!  K&K didn't even come to his shoulder.  And he wasn't skinny either.  But they played great defense on him and were even able to block a few shots and steal the ball from him.  It was a fun game.  We are still working on their aggression.  Not sure they will ever be as aggressive as we'd like, but they are getting better every year.



Broc had his 2nd Saturday camp.  He is loving it SO much.  He is quick and really coordinated, and handles the ball really well.  So much better than any of the girls were at this age.  It gives me hope, that even though he may not be as tall as them, he'll be a really good ball handler!  And funny Broc, asked me the other day when he could start piano lessons.  I had thought about it, but we usually wait till their 8.  I told him we would start this summer.  I love that kid!

So I'm on my own this week.  Thomas went to my parents to put in new kitchen lights, fix some sheet rock and lay Breanne's wood floor.  He is hoping to be back Thursday, but I don't think he'll make it.  He did take Nait with him this time.  Kennidi was thrilled to hear she'd have Nait there to play with all week.  And having Nait gone makes games and matches much much easier!!  I miss them both, but we are busy enough that the week will and is going fast!

No comments:

See Who's Been Lookin'